AirCurve 10 VAuto Bi-Level with Humidifier by ResMed
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Bi-Level with Humidifier
Copy of RX Required if Applicable to U.S Residents
The ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto with HumidAir is an auto-adjusting Bi-Level (BiPAP) machine that uses two pressure settings for the treatment of sleep apnea. What is the difference between CPAP and Bi-Level? A CPAP machine uses one pressure setting to keep the airway open and stable while Bi-Level uses two; one for inspiration and one for expiration. The AirCurve V Auto not only allows two pressures but uses an auto-adjusting algorithm to deliver these pressures based on the user's therapy needs.
The ResMed AirCurve 10 is an auto-adjusting Bi-Level machine that uses the comfort of both the AutoSet algorithm and Easy-Breathe Waveform in its VAuto algorithm to treat obstructive sleep apnea patients who can benefit from greater pressure support.
The AirCurve 10 VAuto adjusts the baseline pressure to hold the airway open while maintaining fixed pressure support. The VAuto Mode features ResMed's unique Easy-Breathe natural pressure waveform, designed for patients with normal lung function, for maximum comfort. VAuto now also incorporates the Enhanced AutoSet algorithm with central sleep apnea (CSA) detection.
Continue reading below to find all the components included with this product.
Special Features of the AirCurve 10 VAuto
- VAuto Mode is useful for obstructive sleep apnea. Users that need set pressure support for comfort with enhanced AutoSet to automatically stabilize the upper airway. The inclusion of central sleep apnea detection allows clinicians to monitor more difficult patients for central sleep apnea and prescribe ASV therapy if required.
- Easy-Breathe Waveform: Provides a comfortable, natural breathing experience. The physiologically-based shape of the waveform mimics patient effort during normal breathing. The waveform used in other devices on the market mimics the patient flow shape. The flowing shape does not necessarily reflect patient effort and may not be truly indicative of the patient's needs. Pressure increases as required throughout the inspiration cycle Peak, pressure in each breath is reached for the shortest possible duration, which improves comfort. Patients' actual pressure requirements vary throughout the inspiration cycle. At the beginning of inspiration, lower therapy pressure is required to keep the airway open. The pressure is increased throughout the rest of the inspiratory phase to prevent flow limitation and snoring. Lung Compliance: Supports lung compliance Designed for patients with normal lung function, VAuto reduces the patient's work of breathing with a gentle pressure profile.
- Enhanced AutoSet algorithm: ResMed's renowned AutoSet algorithm has now been further enhanced. It still benefits from three lines of defense, responding to: flow limitation,snoring, and obstructive apnea, in addition, it now includes: central sleep apnea (CSA) detection, recognition of a wider range of flow limitation shapes, hypopnea qualification.
- Leak Management: Continuous leak management enables reliable delivery of therapy pressure while maintaining patient-device synchrony.
- HumidAir Humidification: Consistent humidification throughout the night with the integrated HumidAir humidifier and optional ClimateLineAir heated tube with Climate Control technology can provide a more comfortable experience.
- Easy-Breathe Motor: The quiet Easy-Breathe motor makes for a peaceful environment for you and your bed partner.
- Light Sensor: The built-in ambient light sensor adjusts to the brightness of the room. So if you need to get up during the night, the screens back-light won't disrupt your bed partner. The light also turns off automatically, so you can settle back to sleep without disturbance.
- Supplemental Oxygen: Compatible with up to 15 L/min of supplemental oxygen in S and CPAP mode and 4 L/min in VAuto mode.
In VAuto mode, pressures extend up to 25 cm H2O, and pressure support can be set from 0-10 cm H2O. Pressure support remains constant throughout the night, while the AutoSet algorithm adjusts IPAP and EPAP according to the three lines of defense.
Constant pressure support can reassure the physician that the patient is receiving the support that they need.
Wireless Data Transmission: Transmits compliance data via a wireless signal (Only available for use in the United States).
Important Note: If you have questions regarding the myAir app, please click on the Manuals Tab to access a direct link to ResMed's myAir Support Page.
Included with your AirCurve 10 VAuto Purchase
- (1) AirCurve 10 VAuto Bi-Level Device
- (1) Integrated HumidAir Humidifier
- (1) SlimLine Tubing
- (1) Power Supply
- (1) Travel Carry Bag
- (1) SD Card
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Filters: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Hose Tubing: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
- Complete Mask: Every 9-12 Months (or as needed)
- Water Chamber: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
|AC Power:||100–240V, 50–60Hz 1.0–1.5A, Class II 115V, 400Hz 1.5A, Class II (nominal for aircraft use)|
|Actual Weight:||44 oz (2.75lbs)|
|Associated Part Numbers:||37211, 37212|
|Battery Power:||Optional DC/DC Converter Sold Seperate|
|Compliance Meter:||On screen display|
|Data Storage Content:||SD Card or Wireless Transmission (US Only) to Provider|
|DC Power:||24V ---3.75A|
|Dimensions:||4.57" x 10.04" x 5.91"|
|Filters:||Standard or Hypo-Allergenic Disposable|
|Humidifier:||Yes, integrated heated humidifier|
|Insurance Codes:||E0601 HCPC|
|International Shipping:||Yes International Shipping is available|
|Mode of Operation:||Auto adjusting Bi-Level|
|Oxygen Concentration:||15 L/min (S, ST, T, CPAP), 4 L/min (VAuto)|
|Pressure Range:||3 to 25 cm H2O|
|Ramp Time:||5 to 45 minutes.|
|RX Required?:||Yes, When Applicable|
|Sound Level:||26.6 dBA|
|Special User Features:||AutoRamp, Intergrated Humidifier, Heated Hose Tube|
|US Shipping Cost:||Free|
|Warranty:||2 Year Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
2 reviews4.5 out of 5
by Martin W -
This machine has a lot of features which at first I found to be over whelming so I called the customer service at 1800 and they walked me through all the features and explained how to use them. I was impressed with their patience and willingness to help. Now I feel confident and really feel comfortable with this great machine. Can't say enough on how much it has helped with my CPAP therapy. Highly recommend this machine. Shout out to the guys at 1800CPAP.COM !!
by Stanley -
Not big on writing reviews, so here is a short one. So far I really like the machine. Not as complicated as it sounds. I've been more compliant since starting with it. So far worth the money.