DreamStation BiPAPA Pro with Bi Flex
DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine by Respironics
Copy of RX Required if Applicable to U.S Residents
Please Note: Philips has stated there are possible risks to users related to the sound abatement foam used in certain Philip's sleep devices currently in use. The risks include that the foam may degrade under certain circumstances, influenced by factors including use of unapproved cleaning methods, such as ozone.
Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Pro is a fixed pressure machine that delivers two positive airway pressures at a single fixed level (i.e. 15cm/ 11cmH20). This means that neither the inhale (IPAP) pressure or exhale (EPAP) It includes features like, advanced event detection, Auto-Trial, automatic altitude compensation, mask fit check, and C-Flex pressure relief. The BiPAP Pro is designed to fulfill the needs of all BiPAP users who demand the best from their therapy with it's user friendly low-profile design. The unit is lighter and smaller with all the latest up-to-date technology, making your sleep therapy seem like a breeze. Most important is the feature that allows access to information by both the user and doctor or provider through cell or Wi-Fi options in order to customize and optimize therapy, increase compliance and provide for overall quality experience.
The optional integrated heated humidifier (not included) snaps securely onto the back of the DreamStation device to form a single integrated unit that can be setup and adjusted from the machine's primary LCD display. It is used to comfort the user by pulling moisture from the water chamber to create heated air during therapy, preventing nasal congestion and making your therapy more comfortable.
The optional heated tube for DreamStation CPAP machines helps to maintain heat and moisture. No more rain-out. The heated tube maintains the temperature of the air delivered to the patient, from the machine to the mask, preventing condensation, even if the temperature in the room drops during the night. The Optional Heated Humidifier and Heated Tube must be purchased separately.
- Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App: The DreamStation machine has a built-in Bluetooth connection which allows the device to pair directly with the Philips Respironics DreamMapper mobile and web-based program. The free app gives the user the opportunity to personalize the data tracking account.
- EZ-Start Technology: The EZ-Start feature is designed to reduce the user's prescribed pressure setting during the first 30 days of operation. The goal is to adjust the user to the pressure by beginning with half of the prescribed pressure. A minimum pressure of 5cm H2O is required to use the EZ-Start feature.
- Bi-Flex Pressure Relief: Bi-Flex is a pressure relief feature used to create a more natural breathing pattern during CPAP therapy. The DreamStation BiPAP Pro uses Flex Technology to provide relief during three points in the breathing cycle. Pressure is reduced by 0.5 increments during the transition from exhalation to inhalation, inhalation to exhalation, and during exhalation. The Bi-Flex setting can be adjusted up to 1.5 cm H2O for maximum comfort.
- Ramp and SmartRamp:The BiPAP Pro not only offers the standard ramp but also the Smart Ramp. When SmartRamp is enabled the DreamStation BiPAP Pro will monitor your therapy levels, during the ramp period to deliver lower overall pressure until it detects an obstructive respiratory event. When an event is detected SmartRamp responds to resolve the event, raising pressures as required until the ramp period concludes.
- Mask Fit Check: DreamStation BiPAP is equipped with Mask Fit Check tool to help with mask fitting, a Performance Check tool to ensure that your machine is working properly. Checks for Mask leaks, Pressure is adjusted automatically as needed to help maintain therapy pressure to the user, including the ability to reduce pressure to help re-establish a mask seal.
- LCD On-Screen Display: A simplistic and practical LCD screen. While the User Interface is in use, the screen is well lit. As the lights in the room are dimmed, the machine's ambient light sensor adjusts display brightness automatically depending on light levels in the room.
- Dry Box Assembly: When using the Humidifier the Dry Box is designed to trap the water within the walls of the unit to prevent water from traveling throughout the machine and humidifier connection.
- DreamMapper App: The DreamMapper is an app that is connected with Bluetooth. The app is available for iOS devices with iOS 6 or newer in the iTunes App Store or for Android devices 2.2 or newer in the Google Play Store. This mobile and web-based application provides key information and personal therapy feedback that can help patients stay involved, stay motivated, and stay interested.
Included in This Package
- (1) DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- (1) Humidifier Water Chamber Tub
- (1) Carrying Case
- (1) 6Ft CPAP Tubing
- (1) SD Card
- (1) Power Supply
- (1) Power Cord
- (1) Reusable Blue Pollen Filter
- (1) Disposable Light-Blue Ultra-Fine Filter
- User Manual
- (OPTIONAL) Heated Humidifier and Tube
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Filters: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Hose Tubing: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
- Complete Mask: Every 9-12 Months (or as needed)
- Water Chamber: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
Ratings & Reviews
BIG DIFFERENCE IN NEW MACHINE
by mary lee langley (kirkville ny) -
I have used the cpap respitory machine for a few years. The old machine probably worked ok. Loud, uncomfortable and embarrassing, not wearing the cpap was a better nights sleep. So I rarely used my machine and therefore have not had a decent nights sleep in years. I put my foot down and took my insurance card, called the respitory supply company and my pulmonary doctor who probably thought I had been continually using the cpap (prescribed as a result of a sleep apnea test). I picked up the new QUIET Philips bipap machine and have already had hours of decent sleep. The nasal mask works from a position that is comfortable. The seal around my nose is just right (and pillow soft). I don't feel like I am gasping for a breath. Overall, the unit is already making a big difference in my life. Sound dramatic?
Much Happier With This Model
by Patrick Y. Cheviot -
I have been using bipap for 12 years and this is by far a more comfortable machine than my old model. It feels like I can breathe easier on it and I can breathe out without struggle. It is smaller and more quiet and my wife loves that. The price was one of the best I found. Not the cheapest but the other places didn;t look very trustworthy. I give this 5 stars.