DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask by Philips Respironics
Philips Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask Kit
This Product DOES NOT Require a Prescription
What Is a DreamWear Mask?
The Philips Respironics DreamWear is another innovation from Philips to make nasal masks more comfortable than ever for those with sleep apnea. The CPAP DreamWear mask was designed to keep the tubing away from your face to let you sleep comfortably in any position.
Out of all the CPAP masks on the market, it’s the DreamWear mask that offers a clear line of sight and the widest peripheral view for wearers. If you love to read or watch television with your CPAP mask, DreamWear would be the ideal choice for you.
How Do You Fit a Philips DreamWear Mask?
Compared to the DreamWear full-face mask, nasal CPAP masks, such as the DreamWear mask, have less coverage of the face. Whether you’re getting a DreamWear full-face mask or a nasal mask, you’ll still need to fit the mask and check the size to guarantee that it will not be easily displaced when you’re asleep.
When looking at a Philips DreamWear nasal mask, the cushion opening should be directly under the nostrils and hug the nose to prevent air leaks. Position the frame of the mask over your head, and pull the headgear over the back of your head. Adjust the straps of the mask until it comfortably fits you. When you’re done with the adjustments, the DreamWear nasal mask should be snug but not too tight, and the elbows of the frame should be on top of your head.
Fitting a Philips DreamWear full-face mask is just like fitting a nasal mask. The cushion opening should also be directly under the nostrils but will also hug the nose and the mouth.
The Philips Respironics DreamWear CPAP mask kit allows you to purchase this mask with or without the headgear strap. If you choose to add the headgear strap, it will make it a complete mask system. It is truly a unique breakthrough in sleep apnea therapy with the under-the-nose cushion design.
When you’re wearing the Philips DreamWear nasal mask, it feels like you are wearing nothing at all! The unique soft frame has two tubes that direct the airflow to one soft cushion that meets under your nose, giving you a secure seal, with the lightest touch.
The unique design of the Respironics DreamWear offers many of the benefits of nasal and nasal pillow masks, giving you the best of both mask types. All DreamWear parts are interchangeable, so any cushion will work with any frame and vice versa.
Special Features and Benefits
- Innovative Soft Tubing Frame - the soft frame of the DreamWear nasal mask directs airflow through two silicone tubes to join at the nasal cushion. Because the frame is soft, it adapts naturally to facial contours without pinching or pressure points while it accommodates almost any sleeping position..
- Freedom to Move - if you sleep on your back, the Respironics DreamWear distributes therapy air through both tubes equally. If you shift to your side, DreamWear’s lower tube compresses to maintain a comfortable seal; therapy air is channeled into the upper tube, maintaining an unrestricted airflow at prescribed therapy levels. Fall asleep knowing you will always be receiving the therapy you need!
- Unique Under-the-Nose Cushion - the nasal cushion of the Respironics DreamWear rests under the nose, providing airflow to both nostrils. With the cushion’s low-profile design, there is absolutely no contact on top of the nose or at the sensitive nasal bridge. Exhalation ports on the cushion and in the mask’s elbow quietly disperse excess air.
- (Optional) Headgear and Tubing Attachment - the soft headgear with arms rests at the back of the head, stabilizing the mask without requiring overtightening or excessive contact. The tubing elbow is located on the top of the head, where it can swivel freely to help reduce drag.
- Minimal Contact and Open Field of View - with a low-profile cushion, a soft tubing frame, and a single-strap headgear, the DreamWear is one of the most minimal masks available, providing you with an open field of view for reading, talking, or watching TV before bed.
- Frame Sizes - DreamWear’s frame is available in three sizes: small (19 inches), medium (20 inches), and large (22 inches). Most users will find the medium frame to be the best fit; however, packs are available with other frame sizes for larger and more petite users. The frame and cushion sizes are interchangeable so that any size frame can be used with any cushion size.
- Cushions - DreamWear nasal cushions are available in four sizes (small, medium, medium-wide, and large) to fit a wide range of customers and to provide a tight seal throughout the night.
- Soft Wraps - soft fabric wraps provide a soft touch on the patient’s cheek and reduce waking up with red marks, discomfort, or irritation from the headgear straps.
Included in This Package
- (1) DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask frame (Selected Size)
- (1) Cushion for DreamWear Nasal Mask (Selected Size)
- (1) Pair of Fabric Wraps
- Optional Headgear with Arms (additional fees apply)
- All Cushion Sizes option available (additional fees apply)
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Cushion: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Headgear: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
- Complete Mask: Every 6-9 Months (or as needed)
- Hose Tubing: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
- Mode of Operation: Nasal Mask (covers the nose)
- Length of small frame: 19 in.
- Length of the medium frame: 20 in.
- Length of the large frame: 22 in.
- Warranty: 90 Day manufacturer defect
- Material Composition: Silicone Polycarbonate, Polyurethane Foam, Polyester/Spandex
- Pressure Range: 4cm-30cmH20
- US Shipping Cost: Free
- Rx Required?: No
- Special Features: Air passes through both sides of the frame
- Cushion Sizes: Small, Medium, Medium-wide, Large
- Insurance Codes: A7030, A7035
Ratings & Reviews
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear by PR
by anonymous -
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear by PR
by anonymous -