Z1 Base Travel CPAP Machine
Z1 Base Travel CPAP Machine
Copy of Prescription Required When Applicable
The Z1 Travel CPAP machine is an option for a user that travels with the machine or even for the everyday in home use. The Z1 CPAP Machine is designed to be small, light and portable, weighing only 10 OUNCES and a length of 6.5" x 3.45" x 2.25" /16.5 x 8.4 x 5.1 cm. The size and weight make it an ideal option while traveling or using a CPAP in remote areas. The Z1 is small enough to fit in one hand.
The size and weight of the Z1 does not reduce the machine's ability to product a user with the necessary amount of positive airway pressure and will work no differently than a larger machine. has many additional accessories that can be used along with the CPAP machine to allow a user the ability to use a machine in remote areas, in a car, boat, train or in the air.
You can use any mask on the market with the Z1 CPAP Machine.
Special Features and Benefits
- Smallest CPAP Available: Designed to be elegant and refined, the Z1 CPAP has been considered and measured from every angle to ensure it is as small and comfortable and capable as possible! The Z1 is extremely small at 2.02" x 6.48" x 3.3" inches.
- Extremely Light: The Z1 CPAP is ultra-light, weighing only 10 ounces, is FAA approved and will fit easily into any overnight bag; but it's sleek styling, modern looks, and quality materials mean that it will look great and fit perfectly on your nightstand.
- Whisper Quiet: The Z1 CPAP is built for sleep, so it is very quiet. The Z10153 is one of the quietest CPAPs on the market, producing only 26 dBA on average of sound during operation.
- Optional PowerShell with Battery: The Z1 has an integrated battery system that is called the PowerShell that delivers a full night of cord-free power on a fully charged battery, making camping and other travel plans simple and easy without worrying about power.
- The Optional Battery is included with the PowerShell when purchased, but NOT with the purchase of the machine.
- The PowerShell holds one battery that will last 1-2 nights between charges. For additional batteries -- at 8 ounces each they won't weigh you down!
- The Z1 PowerShell Battery Pack can also be used as a uninterrupted power supply, automatically taking over during a power outage or blackout.
- Compliance Data: The Z1 CPAP makes it easy. The Z1 records compliance information including events and time of use. Free Z1 Software (Currently available for Windows PCs with a OSX Version Coming Soon) presents data in a user-friendly interface where you can track your therapy progress and provide it to others as needed.
- Z-Breath Pressure Relief: Z1 delivers a more natural breathing experience with proprietary Z-Breathe. Z-Breathe learns from your breathing patterns, gently reducing therapy pressure on exhalation to improve overall therapy comfort. Set Z-Breathe to moderate or maximum pressure relief to suit your personal preference.
- Altitude Adjustment: The Z1 CPAP automatically adjusts to altitudes up to 8,000 feet above sea level. Approved by the FAA for use on airplanes and will adjust automatically to an airplane's cabin pressure.
- Traveling (Voltage): When traveling outside the US the Z1 will convert the voltage automatically so you can continue enjoying safe and comfortable sleep therapy wherever your next adventure takes you.
- Automatic Leak Compensation: To ensure you're always receiving your prescribed sleep therapy pressure the Z1 will automatically compensate for minor air leakage and mask leaks. If Z1 detects an excessive air leak that could be detrimental to therapy its display screen will warn you to ensure that the leak is corrected.
- Humidification: The HDM Z1 CPAP Has the Humidification Moisture Exchange system that provides the moisture needed without the weight of a humidifier.
- Ramp: For people who prefer to fall asleep with therapy at lower pressure levels, the Z1's ramp comfort feature is a perfect solution. Ramp slowly increases therapy pressure over time, from 0 to 45 minutes, so you can breathe naturally as you fall asleep.
- LCD Display: Big, Bright and easy to see The Z1's back-lit LCD display provides information on your current pressure setting, ramp time, power status, and more. With the Z1 you can always check your current therapy status, the display has an auto-off function, when it's not needed the back-light turns off automatically so it won't keep you up as you drift off to sleep.
- Compatible With Any CPAP Mask: The Z1 CPAP comes complete with a Universal Tube Adapter and a 48 inch slim tube. If you prefer longer tubing or performance tubing it can also be used with that too; and will work with any CPAP mask on the market.
The Fisher Paykel HC150 stand alone heated humidifier will work with the Z1 travel machines.
Included in this Package
- (1) Z1 Base Travel CPAP Machine
- (1) Tube Adapter
- (1) 4 ft. Slim-Style tube
- (1) Power Supply
- (1) Custom USB Cable
- (1) Heat Moisture Exchange
- (1) User Manual
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Tube Hose: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Foam Filters: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed) wash weekly
- Ultra Fine Filters: Every Month (or as needed)
- Water Chamber: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed); wash daily
Ratings & Reviews
by Keith -
When it works, it's a great travel CPAP. This model did not have any real way to upgrade firmware, or download data easily. It seemed that all ability to interact was reserved for the Z1 Auto version (which, if you don't have a bi-level prescription, you wouldn't buy).
What kills this is durability. Four years after purchase (and one year after warranty gives out), the unit throws an "Error 33" and won't work. The recommendation is to "return for servicing." The actual number of nights used probably adds up to 2 months max. For such an expensive system, which isn't covered by insurance (because it's a second unit for travel), it should have a much better warranty coverage. 3 years does not cut it.
Love this thing!
by Bob M (Blaine, MN) -
My main machine is an S9. It's great but a bit bulky for travel. I but the Z1 to put in a travel kit and only use it for that. I decided to try it at home first. Like many of the complaints that many have already stated they are minimal but all true. There is more of a whine when inhaling. There is a bit more "back pressure" to exhale against. Just keep going. After a very short while I felt like the machine wasn't fighting me anymore. I don't know if it "learns" your breathing and adjusts or I just calmed down at it became perfect. To be honest, at first I had a slight bit of doubt that I would like it. After 3 nights I won't give it up. The other thing I found really surprising is that I actually slept more soundly. I never got up to go to the restroom at all. I haven't slept that well in years. I would still like to see the A/C power supply built in or smaller yet. If the power pack was smaller it would be absolutely perfect. I don't have the battery pack option yet but I'm so impressed with this machine I'm tempted to buy it too.