At Home Sleep Apnea Test Device Kit
At Home Testing Service For Sleep Apnea
Please Note: Purchase of this product is only for the Home Sleep Testing Service, not the actual device itself.
Do you suspect you have sleep apnea but you don't want to spend a few nights away from your home with strangers to get your diagnosis? You don't have to do that anymore! There has been several technological advances in home diagnostic equipment for diagnosing sleep apnea over the past several years.
The sleep industry has recognized that more people would be tested and diagnosed if they were in the comfort of their own homes. This thought process has led to innovative and effective home sleep testing devices. The option of home sleep testing for sleep apnea has been proven in many ways to be just as effective as a free-standing sleep center for a diagnostic test of sleep apnea for a majority of the undiagnosed population seeking better sleep health.
With the 1800CPAP.COM home sleep apnea tests, you will get Registered Polysomnography Sleep Technicians manually scoring your sleep studies and a Board Certified Sleep Physician interpreting your test and giving sleep medicine recommendations and diagnosis if applicable.
This device is intended for the testing of suspected sleep apnea in adults (18 and over) that DO NOT have co-morbid conditions. If you suffer from health conditions like heart failure, COPD, or neuromuscular disorders, this is not an option for you, and it is recommended that you consult a sleep physician about testing done in a lab setting of a sleep disorder center. If you are not sure if you would be a good candidate give us a call at 1-800-274-1366
The Seven Steps For A Home Sleep Test
- Order the home sleep test kit.
- We will mail you the ApneaLink™ Plus home sleep testing kit along with a brief medical history form.
- Follow the instructions included in your package and sleep with the testing unit the night you receive it. This home sleep apnea test will provide us with the results of your sleep study.
- Return the device via the return shipping label included in the package.
- The sleep study data from the sleep testing unit is downloaded and interpreted by Board Certified Sleep Physician.
- The results and recommendations are mailed to you as soon as they are interpreted.
- If you have a positive test for sleep apnea, we will send your prescription along with your interpreted report.
All of our Home Sleep Test customers will receive 15% off all CPAP Machines, Masks, and supplies. The whole process takes approximately 4-7 business days!
Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Sleep Disorder Breathing
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) is recognized as a serious health problem that impacts approximately 43 million US adults. It is estimated that more than 80% of the US population remain undiagnosed.
For some, home sleep tests may be a cost-effective alternative to a lap sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea and sleep disorders. For others, including those with moderate to severe sleep apnea, a lab sleep experience may be required to rule out other medical conditions and determine the best treatment options, medicine, and therapy based on your breathing patterns and heart rate.
Potential Long Term Consequences and Disease Related to Untreated Sleep Apnea
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Erectile Dysfunction
Signs or Symptoms You May Have Sleep Apnea
- Daytime fatigue/Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Falling asleep while driving
- Memory loss
- Type II diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Morning headaches
Please Note: This is a testing service only and this device is not for sale. Due to the high cost and demand on the device, we do require that credit card information is secured before a device is released to you. For this, you will be sent an Adobe EchoSign file once your order processed.
This document must be reviewed and signed before a unit is released to you. It is important that this is used and returned within 7 business days after it arrives to your residence with the return label that is included for you to avoid for any charges.
If the device is not returned within 7 business days, the full purchase price of the device ($2,500.00) will be deducted from your payment method. Signature required upon delivery.
- Respiratory Effort belt with EasySense to monitor the efforts of your chest/thoroabdominal areas
- Easy to use recording enhanced recorder light status; improved Start/Stop button
- Simple component connectors
- Pulse Oximeter to measure your blood oxygen levels during sleep
- Nasal Cannula to monitor how you breathe, airflow, and detection of pauses in breathing
ApneaLink Plus offers:
- Differentiation of apneas—leads to clearer diagnosis and more accurate reports that indicate where users may need additional medical advice
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration detection
- New prescription page—streamlines process for healthcare professionals
- AHI graphic and risk indicator—can highlight either AHI or RI
- Configurable analysis parameters—allow for the adjustment of obstructive and central apnea thresholds
- Five measurements of oxygen saturation noted for their association with symptoms
Important note: It is highly suggested that you take the test the night you receive the device to avoid further charges. In the event that you cannot use the device and return to us within 7 business days please contact a customer service representative immediately at email@example.com
Copy of RX Required When Applicable
Ratings & Reviews
6 reviews5 out of 5
PART 1-GREAT VALUE, EASY
by Kane (US)
Like most, my insurance sucks (thank you Democrats). Had I gone through Aetna, even having met my annual deductibles, it still would have cost thousands because of the insurance terms. It is not like you get a script and they say, 'great, we'll pay 70%'. In my case, you need a referral from a general physician, a sleep physician consultation, a sleep study - with very specific requirements for insurance to recognize, then a post sleep study consultation, and finally - inevitably, a CPAP Machine. THEIR choice of CPAP machines. Only they pay 70%, (assuming you met your deductible, otherwise zero) toward monthly lease/rental payments from a in-network device provider. AND - it is required to perform another sleep study every 6 months. So you are stuck forever dealing with health insurance claims. Again - this is my scenario, my crappy insurance. Contrast this to 1800CPAP. I ordered a sleep study kit. It arrived a day later via FedEx.