IntelliPAP 2 Heated Humidifier with PulseDose by Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
IntelliPAP 2 Heated Humidifier with Pulse Dose Humidification
Copy of RX Required if Applicable to U.S. Residents
The PulseDose Heated Humidification System is a truly an innovative approach to managing rainout in the patient tubing and mask. A predictive algorithm provides bolus of humidified air to the patient during inhalation to ensure proper humidification. During exhalation, dry air is used to flush the humidity from the tube to reduce the chance of rainout! A huge breakthrough for patients experiencing rainout during their sleep therapy.
The IntelliPAP 2 Pulse Dose Humidifier integrates with the machine by connecting directly to the bottom of the machine. No extra hoses are needed to connect. When stacked together the overall size is small and takes up very little space on your night stand.
How it Works: During a normal breath cycle, a patient inhales approximately 33% and exhales 66% of the time. A predictive algorithm based on this natural breathing pattern ensures a consistent bolus of humidified air starts to be delivered at inhalation. When the patient begins to exhale, a valve silently rotates to deliver room air to clear the tube of excess humidification.
Key Benefits of Pulse Dose Humidification
- Dramatically reduces rainout in the tubing
- Able to use standard tubing
- Lower power consumption than heated tubes or standard humidification
- Uses less water than other humidification systems
- Quiet operation
- Inhalation: Heated and humidifier is delivered to patient during inhalation.
- Exhalation: During exhalation, the humidifier is bypassed and dry air flows through the tube to reduce rainout.
- PulseDose Breath Pattern: A bolus of heated, humidified air is delivered during inhalation versus dry air during exhalation.
- Power Consumption: Pulse Dose humidification not only uses less power than heated tubes, but actually uses less power than standard humidification. Bench top testing indicates an average of 10-15% reduction in power consumption compared to standard humidification. Not only does this provide electricity savings at home, but also less draw on batteries for longer run times.
- Humidification: Provides more humidification to the patient than standard humidification. During bench top testing**, it was demonstrated that Pulse Dose is able to provide more efficient humidification via bolus delivery of humidified air because it does not need to limit the humidification to minimize rainout.
- Water Chamber: The water chamber for the humidifier holds 375 mL of water, when combined with the Pulse Dose feature provides hours of humidified air with therapy. The chamber comes apart for easy cleaning and maintenance and can be placed in the top rack of a dishwasher weekly, or hand washed with mild detergent.
Included with this Purchase
- (1) IntelliPAP 2 Heated Humidifier with Pulse Dose Humidification
- (1) Water chamber
- (1) Product manual
- Reusable Filters for IntelliPAP 2
- IntelliPAP 2 Replacement Filters
- Universal CPAP hose
- SoClean 2 CPAP Sanitizer
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Hose: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Filter(s): Every 1-3 Months (or as needed if noticeable build up)
- Water Chamber: Every 6-12 Months (or as needed)
- Mask: As Needed
Download the IntelliPAP 2 Humidifier with Pulse Dose Manual for more information on the features of the pulse dose technology.
|Actual Weight:||2.1 pounds|
|Associated Part Numbers:||#DV6HHPD|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|Dimensions:||(Excluding Air Outlet Port): 7.5 in L x 6.0 in W x 4.0 in H (19.05 cm L x 15.24 cm W x 10.16 cm H)|
|Humidifier:||Heated Humidifier and PulseDose|
|International Shipping:||Yes, International Shipping is Available|
|Material Content:||Polycarbonate, Lexan Plastic|
|Mode of Operation:||Heated Humidifier with PulseDose and water chamber|
|RX Required?:||Yes, When Applicable|
|Special User Features:||Integrated Heated Humidifier with PulseDose|
|US Shipping Cost:||Free Standard Ground|