1800CPAP.COM CPAP Mask and CPAP Machine Prescription Policy
Please Read carefully (excluding International orders): The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classifies CPAP/Bi-PAP/Bi-Level machines, fully assembled CPAP masks and humidifiers as Class II Medical Devices. These products require a copy of the prescription be on file prior to shipping your order to any U.S. address. You may order products prior to submitting your prescription however, it will NOT ship until we have your prescription on file. If you do not have a copy of your CPAP prescription, we offer many options allowing you to still order your products! Oxygen Concentrators are unabe to be shipped Internationally.
Please Note: When provided, we set the therapy devices (CPAP machines) to the settings listed on the prescription prior to shipping. If pressure adjustments are needed in the future please contact our Customer Service team and they can guide you through the step-by-step process. Some CPAP units allow for settings to be changed through the SD card provided with your machine. Before attempting please contact us with any questions.
Items that DO NOT require a copy of prescription.
- CPAP Masks without headgear (Mask Kits): These include everything except the headgear straps (remember you can add the headgear to make a complete CPAP mask)
- CPAP Mask Parts: Cushions, Headgear, Accessories, etc.
- CPAP Machine Parts: CPAP Hose/Tubing, Filters, Water Chambers, Parts, etc.
- Comfort Items: Tube covers, moisturizers, comfort pads, etc
Items that DO require a copy of prescription before your order can ship.
- Sleep Therapy Devices: CPAP machines, BiPAP machines, Oxygen Concentrators, etc. Don't have a prescription for a CPAP machine? Check out our Home Sleep Testing Program
- Humidifiers: Heated CPAP and BiPAP Humidifiers.
- Complete/Assembled CPAP Masks: All CPAP and BiPAP masks that are fully assembled and labeled RX required.
- Provent Sleep Therapy: A CPAP therapy alternative nasal pad that increases pressure on exhalation.
- Night Shift: Positional obstructive sleep apnea therapy device worn around the neck to correct sleeping on your back to reduce snoring
Let Us Work For You
We understand the inconvenience of not being able to get an RX or a copy of your RX, that is why we are committed to go the extra mile to ensure that you get the CPAP or Bi-PAP/BiLevel supplies you need.
Don’t have your prescription? Not a problem! Please provide us with the requested information via the link below and we will work to obtain it from your physician.
If you have a prescription, we offer you 3 ways to get it to us:
- Fax: 1-888-290-6188
- Email a Copy to ( email@example.com)
- US Postal Mail: Send to 1800CPAP.com | 2908 W US 22-3 | Maineville, OH 45039
Download Our CPAP Prescription Form To Give To Your Doctor
Common Prescription Questions
Q) Who writes my prescription for CPAP or Bi-PAP/Bi-Level supplies?
A) Commonly, your sleep physician or primary care physician (family doctor) will provide your CPAP prescription however these prescriptions may also be written by the following:
- D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy)
- P.A. (Physicians Assistant)
- N.P. (Nurse Practitioners)
Q) I am an international customer, do I need to submit a copy of my prescription to order?
A) It is not required, however we encourage you submit the prescription so the devices may be programmed to your personal settings.
Q) Will my original prescription work?
A) Yes. Once your prescription is on file, it is good for length of time stated on the prescription. There is no need to submit a new one unless your physician makes a pressure adjustment to your machine. Should this happen, please contact our Customer Service team to update your prescription for your file so we may better serve you in the future.
Q) If I have a machine prescription, do I need a separate prescription to purchase a mask or humidifier?
A) You should ask your physician to state all required RX items on the prescription form. A CPAP or Bi-PAP/BiLevel machine prescription will require a statement for a CPAP mask, humidifier, and machine.
Q) If I have a machine prescription, do I need a separate prescription to purchase replacement parts for masks, machines or humidifiers?
A) No. Replacement parts such as mask frames, cushions, headgear, mask parts, machine filters, water chambers and other replacement parts do NOT require a prescription for purchase.
Email our Prescription department firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free @ 1-800-274-1366
Last updated 5/30/2019