Bongo Replacement Headgear Strap
Bongo Rx Head Strap Replacement
The replacement headgear straps for the Bongo Rx are an optional accessory to secure the device in place. It can used with or without the headgear. Bongo is a CPAP alternative that eliminates the use of a CPAP machine, mask, or hose. This all-new device is an FDA cleared, prescription sleep apnea therapy device that specializes in treating mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in patients who naturally breathe through their nose. This starter kit comes with 4 soft, replacement nasal seals, 1 of each size: Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large, allowing you to find the most comfortable fitting nasal seal. Replacement seals will need to be purchased every 90 days to continue receiving the full benefits of the Bongo Rx.
Please Note: This device will NOT work effectively if you have an AHI above 30 which is referred to as Severe Sleep Apnea. AHI is the number of pauses in breathing per hour plus the number of periods of shallow breathing per hour.
How Does it Work
Bongo Rx uses a simple method that mimics your typical breathing patterns.
- When inhaling, inhalation, small valves open allowing you to breathe normally through the device.
- When you breathe out, exhalation, the same valves close and direct the air through small vents that generate EPAP (Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure). EPAP keeps your airway open until you inhale again.
Features and Benefits
- Perfect for Travel - Eliminate the worry of not having enough room for your sleep apnea devices when traveling. Small and discreet, the Bongo Rx comes in a conveniently portable case that holds everything you need and fits in the pocket of your shirt!
- Sleep Apnea Alternative Therapy - Reduce the need to use a CPAP machine, mask, electricity or batteries. No power is required to use this device meaning you receive the benefits even on an outdoor adventure. Find your nasal seal size, attach and you are ready to use the device!
- Reusable - Easily clean the nasal cones with soap and water to extend the life and effectiveness of the device. After 90 days you will need to purchase a Annual Replenishment Unit in your preferred size which includes 1 single-sized nasal cone replacement.
- Ease of Use - Use the Bongo Rx at home, on the road traveling, or camping with your family. No assembly is required to use this device meaning you can easily apply it in the middle of the night with no hassle. You can even leave the Bongo Rx on if you get up to use the restroom with the convenient headgear option!
- Optional Headgear - Utilize the comfortable headgear that is included with the Bongo Rx Starter Kit. If you are afraid that the nasal seals might fall out when you are asleep, this headgear strap offers a more secure fit by reducing the possibility of the seals shifting. The headgear is NOT required to use this device however, it will assist you in securing a tight seal.
Instructions for Use
- Gently fit the silicone seal into your nostrils and breathe naturally. Start with the smallest size first and work your way up until you find the most secure fit.
- Test each replacement seal by placing your thumbs on the bottom of the device and exhaling. You should not feel any air leaks between your nose and the device.
- Once you have found the best seal, you are ready to achieve a relaxed night of sleep!
Included With This Purchase
- 1 Replacement Headgear
How does Bongo Rx work and what is EPAP therapy?
Bongo Rx is very small and simple to use. Bongo Rx does not require a machine, mask, hose, electricity, or even batteries. The user simply places the Bongo just inside their nostrils where its soft nasal seals dilate the nasal passages. Then the patient’s own breathing activates the device. During inhalation, small valves open to allow you to breathe normally through the device. Then during exhalation, the valves close directing the exhaled air through specifically designed vent holes to generate EPAP, which is Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure, to keep the airway open until you inhale again.
How is Bongo Rx different from CPAP therapy?
While CPAP therapy is also a form of sleep apnea treatment, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) creates pressure continuously during both inhalation and exhalation. The Bongo Rx EPAP device creates pressure only on exhalation. CPAP uses forced air generated by an electrical machine, while Bongo Rx uses the patient’s own breathing. CPAP therapy typically requires a CPAP machine, a humidifier, a hose, and a bulky mask that must be tightened down, while Bongo Rx is simply inserted just inside the nostrils. For patients that cannot tolerate CPAP, , cannot get or afford CPAP, or do not want to try CPAP, Bongo Rx may be an effective CPAP alternative.
How do I determine my correct size for Bongo Rx?
Bongo Rx was designed for easy, contactless setup. Start with Part Number BNG500 (Bongo Rx All Sizes Starter Kit). This kit includes all four sizes (SM, MD, LG, and XL) and allows the you to take your time at home finding the size that fits you best. We recommend that you try all four sizes before selecting your final size. The Bongo Rx All Sizes Kit also comes with headgear, travel case, and drying stand.
Does Bongo Rx come with headgear?
Yes, Bongo Rx comes with an optional headgear accessory. Bongo Rx can be worn with or without the headgear, depending on your preference.