CPAP Nasal Masks
Nasal style CPAP masks cover the nose only and are typically a triangle-shaped interface that uses a silicone or gel cushion to provide a seal. This is the most commonly recommended style of a mask to new users of CPAP therapy.
Shop our selection of CPAP nasal masks by ResMed, Philips Respironics, and more.
What Is the Difference Between a Nasal Mask and a Nasal Pillow Mask?
A nasal mask covers the nose, while a nasal pillow mask has pillows or cushions that fit into the nostrils. The nasal mask is one of the most known types of CPAP masks with improvements to the design and functionality made through the years, as you will come across below.Choosing the mask style is a matter of preference and need. Sleep position, facial features, and claustrophobia are among relevant considerations for a CPAP mask. Patients tend to switch masks over time for comfort and compliance with their CPAP therapy.
Who Is a Nasal Mask for?
The nasal CPAP mask can be a perfect fit for someone who:
- Breathes through their nose and with their mouth closed
- Does not have facial hair, which can interfere with the mask’s sealing
- Requires high-pressure settings
- Sleeps on their back or side
Notably, people with a beard or facial hair who prefer a nasal mask have additional options here.
Can Mouth Breathers Use Nasal CPAP Masks?
Nasal masks are not ideal for mouth breathers, who work better with full-face masks to prevent or reduce leaks. Mouth breathing may also have to do with nasal problems and allergies, and these circumstances point to using a full-face mask as a more practical choice.
Nonetheless, options still exist for those who are mouth breathers and want to try a nasal mask. This oral mask that delivers air pressure to the mouth, rather than the nose, is one example.
What Is the Most Comfortable CPAP Nasal Mask?
Take a look at the top-rated nasal mask options with their innovative design to promote freedom of movement, minimal contact, and comfort.
- The ResMed Airfit N30 nasal CPAP mask with headgear is quiet, comfortable, simple, and has a unique cushion design that conforms to one’s nose shape.
- The Philips Respironics DreamWear nasal CPAP mask features a breakthrough under-the-nose-cushion design and feels like “wearing nothing at all.”
- The Fisher & Paykel Eson 2 nasal CPAP mask offers a precise seal, intuitive headgear, and an easy frame.
- ResMed’s Mirage FX nasal mask with headgear is light, simple, and “easy to live with.”
- Fisher & Paykel’s Evora compact nasal mask offers comfortable support and minimal contact.
We have a wide selection of nasal masks for CPAP therapy for patients diagnosed with obstructive sleep apneaExplore your options for a mask for CPAP based on your unique lifestyle needs. If you still can’t find what you are looking for, contact us right away. Leave a message or call us at 1-800-274-1366.