Z1 and Z2 CPAP Heat Moisture Exchanger
Z1 and Z2 Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME)
This Product DOES NOT Require a Prescription
The HDM Z1 and Z2 heat moisture exchanger (HME) captures exhaled moisture and returns it to the user providing a waterless humidification system while using the machine. The Z1 / Z2HME is an inline humidification solution for use with the Z1 and Z2 Base Travel CPAP Machine and the HDM Z1 and Z2 Auto Travel CPAP Machine.
Humidification is used to help reduce the chances of the positive airway pressure from drying the nasal passage while using a CPAP machine. Humidity keeps the nasal passage moist allowing the user to be comfortable while the air is being provided.
The HDM Z1® and Z2® CPAP Machines do not provide an option for a powered heated humidification system, yet uses the HME as the humidity option for a user.
An alternative to large humidifiers.
Mask: When selecting a mask, the Heat Moisture Exchange Unit for CPAP Machines will not work with masks that have a short tube extended from the mask frame. The HME must be very close to the moisture of exhaled air to function properly. It must be connected to a mask with a simple elbow in order to give optimal results.
Cleaning: The Heat Moisture Exchange Unit for CPAP Machines cannot be cleaned. The manufacturer suggests replacing the unit after using it up to seven nights.
The Heat Moisture Exchange Unit for CPAP Machines is universal, and it is compatible with all CPAP, APAP, or BiPAP machines.
Included in this Package
- (1) HDM Z1/Z2 Heat Moisture Exchange
- DC Power Cord for HDM Z1®/Z2 Machines
- HDM Z1/Z2 Power Supply
- HDM Z1/Z2 Slim Style Tubing
- HMD Z1/Z2 Polyester Filters
- HDM Z1/Z2 Custom Tube Adapter
- SoClean CPAP, Mask and Tubing Sanitizer
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Tube Hose: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Foam Filters: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed); wash weekly
- Ultra Fine Filters: Every Month (or as needed)
- Water Chamber: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed); wash daily
- Associated Parts: HD60-2100
- Latex Free: Yes
- Insurance Codes: E1399
- International Shipping: Yes
- Actual Weight: 1 oz.
- RX Required?: No
Ratings & Reviews
perfect for travel !!
by carol -
I have traveled with the HME for over 3 years and found it perfect for my needs - although mfg. suggest changing every 5 days - I change in 3 and remove for O3 cleaning