Optipillows EPAP Mask
Optipillows EPAP Mask
Optipillows alleviates snoring by preventing upper airway obstruction by using Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure for treatment of snoring.
Optipillows EPAP Mask is FDA cleared and is used like a CPAP nasal pillow mask, but without the tubing or machine. Optipillows EPAP Mask comes as a kit which includes headgear, the proprietary EPAP valve, and 3 sizes of nasal pillows. It’s lightweight and comfortable, and does not require a prescription. Optipillows is reusable, lasting up to one year.
Optipillows EPAP Mask is the only EPAP device on the market that offers adjustable pressure. During inhalation, the membrane opens allowing users to breathe in easily. During exhalation, the membrane closes and redirects the expired air through a narrow opening on the side of the valve. This creates Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP) in the mouth and back of the throat, which helps keep the upper airways open and prevents snoring. Based on the needs of the user, the pressure can be adjusted by rotating the patented valve sleeve to make the opening larger or smaller.
Tired of waking up throughout the night due to snoring? Need a comfortable solution that you can live (sleep) with? That's why we created Optipillows EPAP Mask. It works like a CPAP mask, but without the tubing and machine. Optipillows also requires no power source.
What Causes Snoring? During sleep muscles and tissues around the throat relax and settle toward the back of the mouth. This causes obstruction of the upper airway which leads to snoring.
- Actual Weight: 1.6 Ounces
- Associated Part Numbers: OPTKT
- Condition: New
- Country of Origin: USA
- International Shipping: Yes
- Latex Free: Yes
- Mode of Operation: EPAP Mask
- RX Required?: No
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
- US Shipping Cost: Free
- What is EPAP? EPAP stands for Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure. EPAP devices have been shown in clinical studies to be safe and effective for treating snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnea.
- What is Optipillows EPAP Mask? The Optipillows EPAP Mask is an EPAP device integrated onto a nasal pillow mask. It looks like a nasal pillow CPAP mask but does not require a CPAP machine. Optipillows EPAP Mask is a nasal mask that generates positive pressure during exhalation.
- How does OptiPillows work? OptiPillows EPAP Mask allows you to inhale easily with minimal resistance, but during exhalation, the air is directed through a narrow side opening, creating back pressure in the nose and mouth, preventing upper airway collapse. The size of the side opening can be adjusted to change the pressure for more comfort. Start using the mask with the side opening wide open, and close it only after you feel comfortable and begin to fall asleep as usual.
- Is Optipillows right for me? There is clinical evidence that EPAP devices are safe and effective for use during sleep. Optipillows EPAP Mask may be a solution for your snoring. It is the only adjustable EPAP device on the market, allowing each individual to select the level of pressure that is right for them. It is also very comfortable. Like other EPAP devices, it may take a few nights to get used to it. If you cannot fall asleep, take it off. It will become easier and easier after each night.
Ratings & Reviews
Works ok but painful
by Mike NJ -
To maintain a good seal on your nose the straps need to be kept quite tight, which often results in a very sore nose by the next morning. Cuts snoring but not as well as the now discontinued Theravents.
by Jon -
I liked this more than the ones that just sit on my nose. I felt like it stayed better on my face.