Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Auto Machine with Heated Humidifier
DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier
Copy of RX Required if Applicable to U.S. Residents
The Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto is an auto-adjusting CPAP machine that increases or decreases the pressure delivered based on your specific needs during the night. The heated humidifier for the DreamStation Auto will prevent dryness and irritation that can be associated when the user does not have humidification.
Auto CPAP machines are increasingly being prescribed for sleep apnea sufferers for multiple reasons; here are a few benefits to consider for purchasing an auto-adjusting model.
- Different sleep positions (i.e. supine) may be more severe and require a higher pressure. The machine will detect this and deliver the pressure you need to keep your airway open.
- Changes in weight can determine how much pressure you need. If you are on a fixed pressure (standard CPAP) it will only deliver one set pressure and not adjust to your body needs.
- Alcohol and medications may affect how much your muscles relax, especially your throat and airway. On nights where you are taking medication or have had alcohol, you may need more or less pressure.
- Heated Humidifier: The Heated Humidifier connects directly to the machine and features dry box technology to help reduce the chance of water entering the machine from the humidifier. The humidifier can be set in a standard heating mode which provides constant heat levels throughout the night, with both the humidifier and heated tube having heat settings of 0 to 5 with 0 being off and 5 being the highest heat. Adaptive mode is also available which monitors ambient humidity and automatically adjusts heat levels during the night to provide optimum humidity. Preheat will heat the humidifier up to 30 minutes before starting therapy. Fixed Mode allows you to apply constant heat on the humidifier heated plate rather than adapt to the surroundings.
- Optional Heated Tube: The DreamStation Heated Tube DOES NOT come with this unit however, can be added to further increase therapy comfort by helping maintain heat and moisture. No more Rainout, The Heated Tube maintains the temperature of the air delivered to the patient. Preventing Rainout, even if the temperature in the room drops during the night. If the humidifier is not being used, the heated tube can be connected directly to the machine, though will not heat.
- Auto-Adjusting Pressure: The DreamStation Auto is an advanced APAP machine that monitors your breathing for flow limitations and adapts to them, automatically adjusting therapy throughout the night to ensure you're receiving the optimum pressure for a comfortable night's sleep, doing the work for you giving you that peace of mind that you deserve.
- Opti-Start: The Opti-Start Features starts your pressure therapy at 90% of the pressure reached in the previous session to help address any events that may occur early in your sleep therapy. If you are not satisfied with this feature you have the option to disable it.
- Flex Comfort: C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex, A-Flex Pressure gives you a more natural breathing experience by mirroring the user's natural breathing, the algorithms intelligence will respond to the user's needs on a breath by breath basis. Delivering the right amount of pressure relief enables users to become more compliant with their sleep therapy. The advanced Digital Auto-Trak algorithm, detects the onset of inspiration and exhalation, to provide a more natural breathing experience.
- Mask Fit Check: Displays if leaks are detected in the mask. As the mask is adjusted the machine's display will update to advise if a proper fit is detected.
- SmartRamp: SmartRamp will monitor the user and increase pressure only if an event occurs. Traditional ramp is also available if desired. The Pressure therapy range must be greater than 4 cm H2O in order for ramp to be used.
- Advanced Data: The on-screen menu will display advanced data such as AHI, Periodic Breathing, Leak Rate, and Therapy Hours. It will also show the pressure the machine was at or below 90% of the time, which is used for Opti-Start.
- Auto On/Off: The APAP can detect if the user has their mask on or off and will begin or stop therapy accordingly.
- Built-In Bluetooth Connectivity and DreamMapper: The Bluetooth is built-in with an SD Data Card for data storage. The Bluetooth connects to the DreamMapper app to track therapy. The DreamMapper app is available on compatible iOS (iOS 6 or newer) and Android devices (2.2 or newer) and can be downloaded in the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store. iOS and Android device.
- DreamMapper: A free mobile and web-based application with motivational alerts, troubleshooting advice, and educational content. The DreamMapper app is designed to help you take an active role in adjusting to your sleep apnea therapy. The built-in Bluetooth sends important information about your sleep to DreamMapper, allowing you to stay in touch with your therapy.
- User-Friendly Design: The New DreamStation machine with Humidifier weighs only 4.37 lbs making it smaller and lighter than the System One models by Respironics. The machine's a large navigation dial is intuitive and convenient, with the bright, front facing display with simple menus, icons, and labels that are easy to understand. The machine's ambient light sensor adjusts display brightness automatically depending on light levels in the room. Menus and settings are navigated through and changed by turning and pressing the dial as needed.
Important Note: The DreamMapper app may not be available in your region. If you have questions regarding the DreamMapper app, please click on the Manuals Tab to access a direct link to Philips Respironics' DreamMapper Support Page or contact us at email@example.com.
DreamStation Auto tracks, and adjusts therapy levels to respond to, many common OSA related events including Hypopneas, Flow Limitation, Respiratory Effort Related Arousal, Snores, and Leaks. It can detect many symptoms beyond classic OSA, such as clear airway apneas and periodic breathing, that may indicate the need for specialized therapy.
Included with this Purchase
- (1) DreamStation Auto Machine
- (1) Integrated Heated Humidifier
- (1) Standard Tube
- Built-in Bluetooth
- (1) SD card
- (1) Carrying case
- (1) Reusable blue pollen filter
- (1) Disposable light-blue ultra-fine filter
- (1) Power Cord
- (1) 80W Power Supply
- User Manual
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Filters: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Hose Tubing: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
- Complete Mask: Every 9-12 Months (or as needed)
- Water Chamber: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
|Actual Weight:||Weight with Humidifier - 4.37 pounds (including the power supply)|
|Associated Part Numbers:||DSX500H11 , HT15|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Dimensions:||11.69 x 7.59 x 3.3 inches|
|Electrical Requirements:||100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0-1.0 A|
|FAA Approved:||This product is approved by the FAA for use on all commercial flights within the US|
|Filters:||Reusable pollen; Disposable Ultra-fine|
|Humidifier:||Removable Heated Humidifier|
|Insurance Codes:||E0562, E0601|
|International Shipping:||Yes International Shipping is available|
|Mode of Operation:||Auto Adjusting CPAP Machine|
|Pressure Range:||4 to 20 cm H2O|
|Ramp Time:||0 to 45 min. (5-min. increments)|
|RX Required?:||Yes, When Applicable for U.S. Residents|
|Sound Level:||27.9 dBA|
|Special User Features:||bluetooth connectivity, SmartRamp, and OptiStart|
|Starting Ramp Pressure:||4 cm|
|US Shipping Cost:||Free Standard Ground|
|Warranty:||2 year manufacturer warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
3 reviews5 out of 5
TRULY A DREAM MACHINE THANKS PHILIPS
by Jack Mudloff (Millsboro,DE.) -
I have had this machine and I am truly in love with it as is my wife(this machine is quiet) my last machine was noisy and was not working right. This one works great and I'm sleeping better and feeling better already.
Auto is the way to Go!
by Jennifer P -
Finally upgraded to an Auto Machine and I'm loving i, it does everything. Really like the way it automatically adjust my pressure when I need it, keeps track of my therapy and makes it easier for me to be more compliant. Overall I feel like I can get a better night's sleep knowing this machine monitors everything for me. Good price too!