Bongo Rx Sleep Apnea Therapy Starter Kit by AirAvant Medical
Bongo Rx Sleep Apnea Therapy Device Starter Kit
Bongo Rx is a CPAP alternative that eliminates the use of a CPAP machine, mask, or hose. This all-new device is an FDA cleared, prescription sleep apnea therapy device that specializes in treating mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in patients who naturally breathe through their nose. This starter kit comes with 4 soft, replacement nasal seals, 1 of each size: Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large, allowing you to find the most comfortable fitting nasal seal. Replacement seals will need to be purchased every 90 days to continue receiving the full benefits of the Bongo Rx.
Please Note: This device will NOT work effectively if you have an AHI above 30 which is referred to as Severe Sleep Apnea. AHI is the number of pauses in breathing per hour plus the number of periods of shallow breathing per hour.
If you already know your size or do not need a full starter kit, we also offer single sized nasal cone replacements.
Copy of RX Required if Applicable
Can't find your RX? Not a problem. Our staff can contact your provider to avoid any delays. Go ahead and place your order and a member of our staff will contact you regarding your preferred method. It's that easy!
How Does it Work
Bongo Rx uses a simple method that mimics your typical breathing patterns.
- When inhaling, inhalation, small valves open allowing you to breathe normally through the device.
- When you breathe out, exhalation, the same valves close and direct the air through small vents that generate EPAP (Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure). EPAP keeps your airway open until you inhale again.
Features & Benefits
- Perfect for Travel - Eliminate the worry of not having enough room for your sleep apnea devices when traveling. Small and discreet, the Bongo Rx comes in a conveniently portable case that holds everything you need and fits in the pocket of your shirt!
- Sleep Apnea Alternative Therapy - Reduce the need to use a CPAP machine, mask, electricity or batteries. No power is required to use this device meaning you receive the benefits even on an outdoor adventure. Find your nasal seal size, attach and you are ready to use the device!
- Reusable - Easily clean the nasal cones with soap and water to extend the life and effectiveness of the device. After 90 days you will need to purchase a Annual Replenishment Unit in your preferred size which includes 1 single-sized nasal cone replacement.
- Ease of Use - Use the Bongo Rx at home, on the road traveling, or camping with your family. No assembly is required to use this device meaning you can easily apply it in the middle of the night with no hassle. You can even leave the Bongo Rx on if you get up to use the restroom with the convenient headgear option!
- Optional Headgear - Utilize the comfortable headgear that is included with the Bongo Rx Starter Kit. If you are afraid that the nasal seals might fall out when you are asleep, this headgear strap offers a more secure fit by reducing the possibility of the seals shifting. The headgear is NOT required to use this device however, it will assist you in securing a tight seal.
Instructions for Use
- Gently fit the silicone seal into your nostrils and breathe naturally. Start with the smallest size first and work your way up until you find the most secure fit.
- Test each replacement seal by placing your thumbs on the bottom of the device and exhaling. You should not feel any air leaks between your nose and the device.
- Once you have found the best seal, you are ready to achieve a relaxed night of sleep!
Included With This Purchase
- (4) Replacement Seals (1 of each size)
- (1) Travel Case
- (1) Drying Stand
- (1) Headgear
- (1) Instruction Manual
Ratings & Reviews
11 reviews4.5 out of 5
by Sarah T -
Really helped my breathing at night but pretty pricey.
Bongos eliminated aerophagia and reflux for me
by Lourd -
So I was on cpap for years and it helped my reflux and gerd a little bit, but this Bongos finally did the trick for me. Surgery for reflux and sleep apnea was my next step (if insurance would allow). My ENT suggested I try Bongos to see if it could help my airway problems along with the fact I was swallowing air at night, too. I'm doing really well now and even reducing all the meds for gerd. I wear a mouthpeice and the strap, but it's better than the hose and pain from aerophagia and reflux. I wish we had this 20 years ago.