AirCurve 10 S Bi-Level with HumidAir Heated Humidifier by ResMed
AirCurve™ 10 S Bi-Level Machine with Humidifier
Copy of RX Required If Applicable to U.S Residents
The ResMed AirCurve™ 10 S is a Bi-Level machine (BiPAP) that delivers two separate pressures for sleep apnea therapy. Users that are prescribed this type of therapy usually have certain conditions that standard CPAP alone cannot alleviate. These conditions can range from trouble exhaling against high-pressure settings of CPAP or the user may have COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) which can be also difficult on CPAP settings. The AirCurve™ is a top of the line Bi-Level and the newest in the ResMed family of sleep apnea machines.
A typical prescription for a Bi-Level (BiPAP) machine would include two settings (i.e. 14cm/10cm H2O). These pressure settings are usually separated by a difference of 4cm/H2O however these can be adjusted from 3cm/H2O separation to 6cm/H2O. AirCurve™ S standard Bi-Level offers many comfort features that can be read below. The AirCurve™ 10 S also comes with an integrated humidifier, that makes sleep therapy even more comfortable. Patients have better success using a humidifier with their therapy, keeping the nose and mouth from drying out through the night.
Special Features of the AirCurve™ 10 S
- Easy-Breathe technology: The Easy-Breathe pressure waveform mimics your natural breathing and replicates it for a more natural breathing experience.
- Climate Control: Powered by the machine and the HumidAir™ Humidifier, Climate Control is designed to deliver a constant, comfortable temperature and humidity level during therapy.
- OPTIONALClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube can enhance your comfort and help prevent moisture from accumulating in the tube.
- Leak Management: Continuous leak management enables reliable delivery of therapy pressure while maintaining patient-device synchrony.
- Supplementary Oxygen: The AirCurve™ 10 S Bi-Level machine is compatible with up to 15L/min of supplementary oxygen.
- HumidAir Humidifier: The humidifier can be set to 9 different settings: off, and 1 through 8 with 1 being the lowest level of humidification, and 8 being the highest.
- LCD Display: The user-friendly controls, intuitive interface, and color LCD screen make it simple to navigate menus and customize comfort settings.
- Easy-Breathe Motor: Easy-Breathe motor makes for a peaceful environment for you and your bed partner. The AirCurve™ 10 S has an ambient light sensor that adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the amount of light in the room. So if you get up during the night and need to pause your therapy, the screen will stay dim so it doesn't disrupt your partner. The screen's back-light also turns off automatically to help you fall back to sleep without disturbance.
- AutoRamp: ResMed's new AutoRamp feature with sleep onset detection delivers a low pressure to help you fall asleep with ease. Once you're asleep, it comfortably ramps up the pressure to ensure the prescribed level is delivered the moment you need it.
- Tubing Options: The AirCurve™ 10 S comes with ResMed's ultra-light SlimLine™ CPAP tubing which is 40% lighter than traditional CPAP tubing. You have the option to choose the ClimateLineAir™ Heated tubing at checkout
- Wireless Data Transmission: Transmits compliance data via a wireless signal (Only available for use in the United States).
Important Note: If you have questions regarding the myAir app, please click on the Manuals Tab to access a direct link to ResMed's myAir Support Page.
Bi-Level CPAP Machine Differences
Important Facts about Bi-Level Machines: Bi-Level PAP therapy uses 2 levels of pressure to treat sleep apnea, an inspiratory pressure (IPAP) and an expiratory pressure (EPAP). This simply means that a pressure delivered upon inhalation is higher than the pressure upon breathing out and is beneficial to a patient that has trouble exhaling against standard CPAP pressure.
Important Facts about Humidification: Using a humidifier with your therapy can reduce dryness and congestion and improve comfort. The airflow generated by CPAP therapy is often greater than what your body is accustomed to humidifying on its own. However, with proper humidification, you can reduce common symptoms like nasal congestion and dry throat.
ResMed Heated Humidifiers add moisture and warmth to the air delivered by therapy devices, reducing the symptoms of dryness and congestion and therefore improving therapy comfort.
Included with this Purchase
- Bi-Level Fixed Pressure CPAP Machine
- Built-In HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Standard Humidifier Chamber
- SlimLine™ Tubing (Optional ClimateLine™ Air Available)
- Power Supply and Cord
- Travel Bag
- 1- Standard Filter (Installed)
- SD Card - Inserted in Machine
- Patient Manual
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Cushion: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Headgear: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
- Complete Mask: Every 9-12 Months (or as needed)
- Tube Hose: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
|AC Power:||Universal AC power 100-240V, 50-60Hz|
|Actual Weight:||44 oz (2.75lbs)|
|Associated Part Numbers:||37213, 37214|
|Battery Power:||Optional DC/DC Converter Sold Seperate|
|Compliance Meter:||On screen display|
|Country of Origin:||Australia|
|Data Storage Content:||SD Card or Wireless Transmission (US Only) to Provider|
|DC Power:||24V ---3.75A|
|Dimensions:||4.57" x 10.04" x 5.91"|
|FAA Approved:||Yes. Documentation may be required per airline|
|Filters:||Standard or Hypo-Allergenic Disposable|
|Humidifier:||Integrated with Optional Heated Tubing|
|International Shipping:||Yes International Shipping is available|
|Material Content:||Flame Retardant Thermoplastic|
|Mode of Operation:||Bi-Level Fixed Pressure|
|RX Required?:||Yes, When Applicable for U.S. Residents|
|Sound Level:||Less Than 26.6 dBA|
|Special User Features:||AutoRamp, Intergrated Humidifier, Heated Hose Tube|
|US Shipping Cost:||Free|
|Warranty:||2 Year Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
2 reviews4 out of 5
Best Price, Free Shipping!
by Craig B - Wisconsin -
Best price on the internet plus free shipping, can't go wrong there. The features are great and especially the EPAP is really helpful with exhalation. The humidifier has 9 settings which is a great feature, giving me options to find the best level of humidity. Easy to use, everything was set up and ready to go upon delivery. Great Purchase!
by Sue -
Quick note to say I'm very happy with this machine. It is very easy to use, and makes this Cpap thing alot easier. <br>Giving it a thumbs up.