AirSense 10 Elite CPAP with HumidAir Humidifier by ResMed
ResMed AirSense 10 Elite CPAP and Humidifier
Copy of RX Required if Applicable to U.S. Residents
Many new users to CPAP may be confused about which model is right for them. On one hand you have Auto CPAP devices and on the other you have fixed pressure "standard CPAP" machine, so what's the difference? The Elite, a fixed pressure model, provides one setting of therapy throughout your night's sleep and does not fluctuate from that setting unless a ramp feature is enabled. Ramp is a feature that increases therapy from the minimal amount to the prescribed amount over a period of time to allow you to fall asleep on a lower setting. Fixed pressure devices are the most commonly prescribed devices and your physician establishes this number (i.e. 8cm/H2O) based off of your titration from the sleep lab. In cases where a home sleep test was used and an auto CPAP trialed, he/she may set it based on a compliance report of the median average of therapy needed.
We program your settings as listed on your CPAP prescription and can make changes to your settings as they adjust over time via and SD card that can be mailed to our office. Many veteran users of therapy elect to use a fixed setting they have used and are comfortable with (some even elect to forego ramp feature). The AirSense 10 Elite continues the superior quality of therapy device where the S9 Elite left off. Still available in the new model is EPR (expiratory pressure relief) as well as new modification to ramp setting with AutoRamp. SmartStart allows the user to put his/her mask and begin breathing and machine will turn on to start therapy.
- HumidAir integrated heated humidifier is built in to the CPAP device. You can use the ClimateLine Air heated hose or a standard SlimLine lightweight hose.
- AutoRamp technology starts your therapy pressure at a low setting and increases therapy pressure once sleep onset is detected. This is a great feature for new CPAP users to adjust to pressure as they wake up throughout the night the device will drop the pressure to allow the user to get back to sleep faster without the feeling of an overwhelming high pressure setting and without the need to manually hit the ramp button again.
- ClimateLine Air The integrated heated humidifier is now a standard feature and the option to purchase with standard SlimLine hose tubing or ClimateLine heated hose tubing. The heated line tubing is great for people that are sensitive to dryness from the use of CPAP and it promotes humidity throughout the entire hose.
- Advanced Event Detection can tell the difference between obstructive sleep apnea events or central apnea events (central sleep apnea is treated with Bi-level therapy or ASV therapy and is most often not treated with standard CPAP pressure).
- SmartStart allows you to simply put the mask on and start breathing which will initiate the device to turn on automatically and begin therapy. Please note this setting is not activated when we ship your device unless you specify otherwise.
- Wireless Data Transmission: Transmits compliance data via a wireless signal (Only available for use in the United States).
Important Note: If you have questions regarding the myAir app, please click on the Manuals Tab to access a direct link to ResMed's myAir Support Page.
Included with Your AirSense Device Purchase
- (1) AirSense Elite with integrated humidifier
- (1) New humidifier water chamber tub
- (1) SlimLine tubing (unless you select the optional ClimateLine Air)
- (1) Power Supply
- (1) Travel Carry Bag
- (1) SD Card (already inserted)
- Cleanable Water Chamber Tub
- DC Converter
- Standard CPAP Filters
- Hose Tubing Options: ClimateLine, SlimLine, and Universal
Indications for use AirSense 10 Elite
The AirSense 10 Elite fixed pressure device is indicated for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in patients weighing more than 66 lb (30 kg). It is intended for home and hospital use. The humidifier is intended for single patient use in the home environment and re-use in a hospital/institutional environment.
Positive airway pressure therapy may be contraindicated in some patients with the following pre-existing conditions:
- severe bullous lung disease
- pathologically low blood pressure
- cerebrospinal fluid leak, recent cranial surgery, or trauma.
Possible Adverse effects
You should report unusual chest pain, severe headache, or increased breathlessness to your prescribing physician. An acute upper respiratory tract infection may require temporary discontinuation of treatment.
The following side effects may arise during the course of therapy with the device:
- drying of the nose, mouth, or throat
- ear or sinus discomfort
- eye irritation
- skin rashes
Recommended Replacement Schedule:
- Hose: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Filter(s): Every 1-3 Months (or as needed if noticeable build up)
- Water Chamber: Every 6-12 Months (or as needed)
- Mask: As Needed
|AC Power:||100-240V, 50-60Hz|
|Actual Weight:||44 oz (2.75lbs)|
|Associated Part Numbers:||37203, 37204, 37205, 37206|
|Battery Power:||Optional DC/DC Converter Sold Seperate|
|Compliance Meter:||On screed display|
|Country of Origin:||Australia|
|Data Storage Content:||SD Card or Wireless Transmission (US Only) to Provider|
|DC Power:||24V ---3.75A|
|Dimensions:||4.57" x 10.04" x 5.91"|
|FAA Approved:||Yes. Documentation may be required per airline|
|Filters:||Standard or Hypo-Allergenic Disposable|
|Humidifier:||Integrated with Optional Heated Tubing|
|Insurance Codes:||E0601 HCPC|
|International Shipping:||Yes International Shipping is available|
|Material Content:||Flame Retardant Thermoplastic|
|Mode of Operation:||Fixed Pressure Delivers One Set Pressure|
|Pressure Range:||4cm-20cm/h2O fixed pressure setting|
|Ramp Time:||Auto adjusting ramp feature|
|RX Required?:||Yes, When Applicable for U.S. Residents|
|Sound Level:||26.6 dBA with uncertainty of 2 dBA|
|Special User Features:||AutoRamp, Intergrated Humidifier, Heated Hose Tube|
|Starting Ramp Pressure:||AutoRamp starting at 4cm/h2O|
|US Shipping Cost:||Free|
Ratings & Reviews
3 reviews4.3 out of 5
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
by Ed K. (Schenectady, NY) -
So glad my Dr. recommended this unit. Using the machine for two weeks now, my wife can't believe how quiet it is, pus how quiet I am. No More Snoring! The last machine I had some 8 years ago was louder than my snoring. Easy to use, one-touch on/off. Feel like a new man! My insurance payments are less than $100 total. You have to try it to believe.
A GOOD MACHINE
by Charles S (Denver CO) -
If you can put up with having to replace leaky water chambers (an essential part of the machine) approximately every two months at a cost of between $19 and $32 each, this machine is otherwise very good: quiet, easy to set up and operate, and sensitive to your breathing patterns. I have had my Resmed Airsense 10 for over 1 ½ years and have had to replace the water chamber 7 times [the first one lasted for 6 months, the others for only 2 months]. I have called Resmed three times to discuss the apparent defect in the water chamber, but they showed little interest and did not offer any assistance. I suggest that anyone considering buying this machine conduct an internet search, such as “resmed airsense 10 water chamber leaking”. Were it not for the defective water chambers, I would give the machine five stars