Lumin Wand Portable UVC Sanitizer by 3B Medical
Lumin Wand Portable UV Cleaner by 3B Medical
This Product DOES NOT Require a Prescription
The Lumin Wand is the latest release in the Lumin family of products. This portable UV cleaner takes the disinfecting power of the Lumin CPAP Cleaner and the Lumin Bullet and condenses it into a compact and easy to transport device. Disinfecting products are a must have especially during flu season. The chemical-free Lumin Wand offers commercial strength UVC disinfecting that kills most bacteria not only on your CPAP equipment but on everyday household item such as kitchen and bathroom countertops. Safely clean and sanitize all your surfaces in a matter of seconds!
Features and Benefits
- Safe - Ensure safe operation with a built in proximity sensor that prevents improper use; the UVC bulb will automatically shut off if the wand is turned up towards the user.
- Powerful - The Lumin Wand produces the highest level of UVC output in a consumer device used to kill bacteria and viruses. Sanitize all surfaces from keyboards to CPAP supplies!
- Easy to Use - With benefits such as one-touch control, cordless recharging, and 120 minutes of continuous performance, the 3B Lumin Wand is built to keep you safe at home or on the go.
Warning: The Lumin Wand is not meant to be used on skin and should not be used around water. To clean your Wand it is recommended to use a gentle cleanser and wipe off with a soft cloth to avoid damaging the device.
How Do I Use the Lumin Wand?
- Place your items on a solid surface such as a countertop or table
- Press and hold the On/Off button for several seconds, the unit will then beep and the indicator light will turn orange
- After a 10 second warm up, your wand will beep again and the indicator light will turn blue
- Slowly wave the 3B Medical Lumin Wand across the items to be sanitized for approximately 3 seconds about 2 inches above the surface (be sure to only point the wand down towards the item as it can cause damage to your eyes and skin if exposed for long periods of time)
- Your item is now sanitized! If you prefer, you can continue step 4 on all sides of the item for a complete sanitizing process
- Press the On/Off button again to turn off your Lumin Wand (the Wand will automatically shut off after 5 minutes for further safety measures)
Included With This Purchase
- (1) Lumin Wand
- (1) UVC Sanitizing Bulb (installed)
- (1) AC Power Adapter - Charging time is around 2 hours
- 1 Year Warranty
Recommended Replacement Schedule
- Cushion: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
- Headgear: Every 3-6 Months (or as needed)
- Complete Mask: Every 9-12 Months (or as needed)
- Tube Hose: Every 1-3 Months (or as needed)
Lumin Wand UVC Sanitizer FAQ's
What is the Lumin Wand?
The Lumin Wand is a portable CPAP cleaner or CPAP sanitizer that uses UV light to kill the germs on your CPAP equipment as well as other household items. This makes the Lumin the first of it's kind UVC light CPAP sanitizer.
How long does it take the Lumin to disinfect my CPAP equipment?
. A five minute cycle is recommended, to ensure sterilization due to variable factors that can effect the efficacy of 3B Lumin. These parameters include, but are not limited to the size of the disinfection space as well as reflective properties of the metal used for the experiment. Additionally the positioning of the mask and water chamber will effect the results as well. While a 3 minutes exposure resulted in a 100% kill rate, the extended 5 minute exposure allows “wiggle room” during personal use.
Are their specific brands that should not use the Lumin?
The Lumin device may be used with all brands of masks and accessories.
Does the Lumin use ozone to disinfect?
No, the Lumin is ozone free. The Lumin disinfects using a very specialized and high powered UVC light source, the same type of light source used in hospital operating rooms and sterile clean rooms. UVC light will disinfect up to 99% of harmful bacteria, pathogens and fungi that can cause infection and illness. UV light is also the safest disinfection option on the market, there is NO HARMFUL OZONE. Ozone has been shown by the EPA to irritate the lungs and the respiratory system, making it extra harmful for people with respiratory illness..
How often should I use the Lumin?
We recommend disinfecting CPAP masks and accessories, along with any other personal care items twice weekly, and daily during cold and flu season.
Ratings & Reviews
1 review5 out of 5
For so much more than CPAP!
by Tom L. -
I bought the Lumin Wand for my CPAP device, but quickly found that it can be used for sanitizing pretty much anything. I use it for sanitizing everything around the house. I am definitely happy with this purchase!